Headerwrap

header image

2.23.2013

Hello!

I figured it was about time I made my first post to this blog (I'm new to this - please bear with me)! The weather is gorgeous today in Vancouver and K has gone snowboarding with his friends up on the mountains. We went down to Seattle last weekend for an early celebration of my birthday (too many work deadlines around my birthday :( ) and with a friend's recommendation, we decided to go try out Shiro's.

It was one of the best sushi experiences I've ever had and I found it quite comparable to Sushi Yasuda in NYC, although K seems to rate Shiro's much higher. I know K has all the pictures to go with the food details so I will let him post about the food and services at the restaurant (stay tuned!). Aside from the food, the best part of the meal was sitting next to an elderly couple who has been to the restaurant for over 60 times since the 1980s. It's always fun to meet new people and hear them talk about their life stories! You never know what inspiring stories you may come across. On that note, I was thinking that I would like to post some quotes I find inspiring in each of my posts. Let me know what you think and stories and comments are always welcome :)

“I do not think, sir, you have any right to command me, merely because you are older than I, or because you have seen more of the world than I have; your claim to superiority depends on the use you have made of your time and experience.”Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre 

 

Have a wonderful weekend :] - J

No comments:

Post a Comment